It is always an exciting time when our team crunches the numbers to work out the top and most popular cafes for each year. Over the next week and a bit, we will be releasing the top cafes for a variety of regions around the world. The cafes that make each list are the best cafes and coffee shops that you have been sharing, reviewing and recommending throughout 2013.
Like last year, we’ve used many different data points to determine the top cafes for each region. We’ve taken into account reviews, pageviews, photos, favourites, user credibility and much more. We will also be limiting each list to 100 cafés, though not all lists will reach this number due to the strict criteria.
Attention cafe owners! We’ve put together some promotional material to help you spread the word about this great achievement. There is an A4 poster you can print and hang up or frame, as well as an image which you can share with your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram followers (make sure you include the hashtag #beanhunter). Download this marketing material by clicking here. We’re also sending you a window sticker in the mail for you put up in your cafe :) Congratulations!
So, it is with great excitement that we start by announcing Melbourne’s Top Cafes for 2013.
The winners are:
- Workshop Brothers Specialty Coffee (Glenhuntly)
- Oak Room (Ashburton)
- Patricia (Melbourne CBD)
- Cup of Truth (Melbourne CBD)
- Little Bean Blue (Melbourne CBD)
- T-Roy Browns (Melbourne CBD)
- Monk Bodhi Dharma (Balaclava)
- Proud Mary (Collingwood)
- Dead Man Espresso (South Melbourne)
- League Of Honest Coffee (Melbourne CBD) Continue reading
Last year we announced the most popular cafes of 2012. This list highlighted the best cafes and coffee shops that you had been sharing, reviewing and recommending throughout the year.
This year we are going bigger and focusing on major cities!
Very soon we will be announcing the most popular cafes for each of the following cities and regions:
- New York
- Hong Kong
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- Auckland and
We’re crunching the numbers at the moment and will announce the winners very soon!
Who do you think will make the list for the above cities? Let us know in the comments below!
Last week we released an update to our iPhone app. Along with various speed improvements, we now allow you to share the coffee you drank at any cafe, without having to write a review. I wonder who our top espresso and flat white drinkers are?
To share what you drank, simply select the pen and paper icon at the top right of a cafe listing, choose ‘Add Drink’ from the list that appears and share the coffee (or several coffees) you’ve been enjoying.
We have a lot of features coming to our site and apps. Please make sure you rate our app in the App Store and thank you for all your feedback!
Since we released our iPhone app update a few weeks ago, which was featured in the App Store, we’ve been doing a lot of work behind the scenes to improve our listing information.
If you notice the map marker for a cafe is in the wrong position, you are now able to correct it by going to the ‘Edit Info’ section on our website and using the interactive map.
Stay tuned for more updates – big and small!
Today, we’ve released our biggest update to the Beanhunter iPhone app. Now you can find and share great coffee, even easier than before.
Be the first to download it!
When we started Beanhunter, we wanted to make sure that finding great coffee was easy and enjoyable. The latest update to the Beanhunter continues to build upon this vision.
What’s New in 2.0
- A brand new design to suit iOS7 (The app also works on iOS 6)
- Map search helps you find great cafes that are close by
- Activity feed so you can follow and share your coffee experiences with friends
- Advanced filters to help you narrow down your coffee search
- Facebook login, and much more!
- Discover the best coffee shops and cafes around you
- Search by location, coffee brand or coffee shop
- Filter by best match, distance, equipment, brew methods, coffee brand, open now and more
- Get directions, opening hours, read reviews and view photos
- Save your favourite coffee shops for easy access
- Easily share cafes with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Message
We hope you enjoy this update to the Beanhunter iPhone app as much as we do. We look forward to your feedback via Facebook and Twitter.